Translate

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Little Black Beauty Did Sing

It was quite enjoyable working on LBB. At first, she kept skipping stitches. I couldn't figure out why. Angela had said she was working last time she used her. Thank goodness for smart phones. I couldn't find a burr on any parts, so it had to be the needle. Angela said she had just put a new needle in before closing up the case. Thank goodness for smart phones. A push of a button here and there and voila! Information on the 221 with needle type and threading diagram. The threading was right, but the needle was wrong! It was 1/16" too long. I just happen to have grabbed a pack of needles before heading out the door, just in case the one on the machine broke or was dull. I'm so glad I did, otherwise LBB would have been sitting there all by her lonesome with nothing to do. 


I didn't get as far as I would have liked. I still have about 1/2 of the top to do, plus the rest of the quilt and quilting. I started cutting, changing things as I went along. A not-perfectly-measured pieced baby quilt. Improvisational design. I normally make raw edge applique quilts and now I know why...boredom with piecing. Cut, sew, iron. Cut, sew, iron. Ugh. I prefer a more relaxed approach where it's like cutting out shapes from construction paper. Remember those days? Ahhh, the simplicity of childhood....

2 comments:

  1. that works HARD.
    it would hurt my brain to do something like that. I would probably have an aneurysm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...