Translate

Thursday, December 20, 2012

With Deepest Sympathy...


I feel a great need to put this out into the Universe. I am so saddened by the deaths in the last 6 weeks of people that I've known, and those that I didn't.

I received sad news today of the passing of a very nice woman that I chatted with only twice, but I liked her a lot. She was real. No facade. An engaging woman. The girlfriend of a man I've gotten to know and do work for. They were friends and a couple about 25 years ago, life happened in between and they found each other again, making a new life together. A kind and loving person that worked with Autistic Children. A giver. She leaves behind 2 children.

One of my best friends just lost a friend of many years to cancer, a battle he was fighting for the past couple of years. I've met him a couple times through the automotive place he worked at. I did not know him well, but my friend would tell me nice stories about him. He passed Dec. 18. 

The tragic deaths of those at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT. A day we will never forget, Dec. 14.

A woman from Camp that has been battling cancer for a couple years. She was a tall, strong woman, a loud voice and always humorous. R. used to play cards with her and the guys on Thursday evenings at camp. She was a very close friend to two women I've come to adore at camp. She leaves behind a partner of many years. She passed on Dec. 13.

R's Mom's companion of 42 years passed on Dec. 13 at the age of 93. He was a WWII veteran pilot. Owned his own successful company for many years, that is now run by his son, he retired and has lived with Parkinsons for the past several years. Although his body was not cooperating, his mind was still strong and he loved to be on the computer. He leaves behind children and grandchildren. 

The passing of a friend's dad who was 91 that wanted to prove he could live to 100. He was in good health until about a month before his passing on Nov. 3 of this year. He was a devoted and loving father, very passionate about family. He was loud and quirky, an eccentric at best. If he liked one thing, he bought a dozen of the same item. He walked his Corgi daily, of which he had a couple while knowing him over the past 20 years. He left behind a wife of 57 years, 3 children and 3 grandchildren.

Rest in peace --Elene, Bruce, the children and staff of SHES, Barb, Tom and Anthony. 

1 comment:

  1. My deepest sympathies.
    I agree, suddenly it seems as though we are losing everyone around us...and still, so many to cancer? My mom has been gone for more than 41 years and they still haven't found a cure. I just don't understand. :(
    and then the shooting at the Elementary school? WTH is wrong with the world, it frightens me. I just start crying every time I see one of those little faces on the screen. I have no idea how their parents are able to move on. Sometimes I start to get so depressed and negative but then I STOP. I will NOT let the bad and evil in this world destroy happiness. Still, it is definitely a wake-up call. Life is short, do what you love no matter how crazy or silly or irrational others might think you are and enjoy it.
    xoxo - Cindi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...