Translate

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Good Morning My Leeettle Pretttttttty

The sun is shining and there's lots to do today so I'm starting it off with a thick and creamy healthy drink. There's kale in there and look how incredibly smooth this baby is. I love my Vitamix, it's a machine that gets a daily workout around here. (Look Angela! no kale chunks!)


In case you want to whip up your own sweet and tangy mix of goodness:

1 apple
1/2 banana
1/2 avocado
2 cups kale
juice of 1/2 a lemon (I used a reamer to get the most out of it) use less for not so much tang 
1/2 can coconut milk
4 ice cubes

Blend. Drink. Yum.

Have a great day!! It's bleepin' cold and windy in these parts! 

7 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds so delicious, I'm throwing this into my vitamix too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I have not been able to jump on this green smoothie bandwagon. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried any? I'll tell ya, since you are wary, only a high powered blender will do, IMO, because otherwise you end up with little flakes of fruit and veggies.

      You can't even taste the kale but you are getting the benefits. I do make some that are very earthy tasting, too, and R.'s girls call them my 'swamp drinks'. LOL

      Delete
  3. yum?
    if you say so.
    tomorrow I start Weight Watchers.
    yep on Sunday because Monday is such a cliche.
    not actually going to meetings,
    just writing it all down and ading up the "points".
    Today?
    A Fritter for breakfast
    and then later some cheese, bread and wine
    with Oreo's on the side.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll make Weight Watchers proud! LOL

      Delete
  4. Yummm I like the looks of that one, Denise! Once we are completed inducted into the smoothie world starting with our nutri bullet, we will graduate to a VitaMix. If I put this recipe in the bullet, I'd be picking pieces of Kale out of my teeth for a day. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...