Translate

Friday, February 22, 2013

Mid-afternoon Green Smoothie

Looks bad....


Sounds bad...

2 cups + of kale
handful of red grapes
3/4 c. pinaeapple
2/3 c. green pepper
1/2 c. red pepper

Surprisingly....tastes good!!

Sometimes I just throw things together and hope for the best -- fortunately, this worked in my favor. I thought it would have a very strong kale taste, then, with added peppers combined with pineapple? I was worried, pineapple can be tricky sometimes. It came out to be light, just sweet enough and rather refreshing.

All measures are approximate as I just tend to grab and dump into the Vitamix.

Try it, you might like it, too. (except you Lois, I know I know, you want to chew your food. wink wink)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know but it kinda looks "chewy" to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came out sorta thick because I used used frozen everything except the kale, but even thick, it's super smooth. Once it melted a little it was very straw worthy.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...