Translate

Sunday, February 3, 2013

On My Plate

This is so good!! Fresh eggs from my brother's hens, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes and shredded parmesan.


I make this in one of my cast iron frying pans. I love cast iron, BUT on my vintage electric stove I have to be careful because it gets HOT if put up to medium high and left there. So now I do this trick (because I've overcooked or over-browned an egg or two in my life.) I put the pan on medium high until the butter melts then I put it to medium low. Throw some fork scrambled eggs in and let them spread out -- cook about a minute. Then I throw some spinach on top -- LOTS of spinach -- some cherry tomatoes cut in half and some shredded parmesan. Then I put it on simmer, with a cover on it. Then I go do something. This morning it happened to be cleaning the bathroom, which doesn't take too long 'cuz it's so small. Sounds like fun, huh?

Come back, check to make sure cheese is melted, put onto plate.

Perfect every time so far and this is the 3rd day I'm whoofing this down. The tomatoes add a bit of sweetness, the eggs don't taste too 'eggy' and ...well, you know I like to have some type of green in there and baby spinach isn't too strong of a green taste. 

What's on your breakfast plate? 

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. I like this post.
    I like how it details each step and explains what might be obvious to some but not others (me). Yep, I feel confident that I could make this and it even sounds tasty.
    What did I have for breakfast today?
    A cinnamon/raisin bagel toasted and topped with honey and cinnamon. A couple of cups of coffee sweetened with Splenda and Fat Free White Chocolate Mocha creamer.
    :D
    Do NOT ask me what I had for breakfast yesterday. :/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...