Translate

Friday, January 17, 2014

Twitter, Tweeting and Getting Blocked

My affair with Twitter was short. Today is a new day and I wasn't feeling it. The artists I decided to follow have FB accounts so I'm just watching them there. I really didn't find much quality content. Go figure. Granted it's only been a day, but still... it's not my thing. I think I knew it going in but went ahead and did it anyway. It's kinda like losing your virginity, you hold off, knowing it might not be for you right now, and once it's done, you can't undo the first time. Well, you really can't undo any time, but, you know what I mean. Besides, I dreamt all night about hashtags. What the, what the?

R. discussed photo content with his daughter -- the wrong daughter! his brain is so full and he gets whacked out because they are his girls...he saw the photos...jeesh, men! make sure the facts are straight before you start saying stuff. So, big sister apparently informed little sister because I got blocked from following her. Which, to me, is quite funny because I did not find her content when I signed up for an account, I found it hours beforehand. So, if you're looking to see what your kids are up to, using some related search words with 'twitter' attached might get you there. Daughter #2 doesn't use her last name, but because of conversations and fb, I had a good idea which one she used. Now, your kid might be clever and make up a whole new name, which would make it more difficult, but, if you poke around enough with some key words that are familiar with them, you might find them. They're clever and sly these teenagers, but not as clever as mommy and daddy, sometimes we just have to work a little harder.

So, I'm blocked. Whoopdeedo. I'll let her believe it matters. Tomorrow when we are all together, I'll be the sarcastic 'dad's girlfriend' that I am and say, "Hey. So. How come you blocked me?" (Oh, in case you might be wondering, she also removed two of the pictures that were not parent approved.) There's one more that I'd prefer her to remove and will suggest it tomorrow, with reasoning behind it, so if nothing else, she'll think about the impression it gives. I usually start out with jesting sarcasm, but generally add some serious facts in a conversational way, then lighten it up and change the subject. I might not be a biological mom, but I learned well from how my dad handled us. He was a smart man. Let us make our own mistakes...and waited to be there for us when we got bitten on the ass. I miss that guy.

I wish I had that piece of cake right now. My sweet tooth is kicking in. 

2 comments:

  1. The fact that you got blocked tells you that you are important to her and that she cares what you think. Little of this social media was around when my two were in high school, but I did have my kids two older cousins run espionage for me on the MySpace world of theirs. But most of the time I knew what the two stinkers were up to without espionage. This cyber world of social media makes it tough to raise a teen, like it's not tough enough on its own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, I like your view, and appreciate it. I was thinking more like, "oh crap, I don't want to get into trouble" which is how I thought when I was a kid. LOL

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...