Translate

Monday, February 25, 2013

Roger Went Home



Saturday.

TWO Saturdays ago. I couldn't write about it. I've been a little 'off' all week. My heart is still a bit heavy, but it's better. I didn't think I would feel this way. His energy mixed with Bug's felt pretty chaotic around here. They played, Bug picked fights, they rumbled and tumbled, they laid together, they acted like true siblings. I wanted that peace again in the house. But I miss him. I miss his joy of life, his hopping and bounding in the yard, his excitement to be awake at 6 a.m., I miss they way he looked at you and cocked his head to listen better. He is just a smart and awesome boy. 



Bug is back to being more her relaxed self. It is quieter, which really is nice. R. made a comment this morning that Bug was her happy self again. That's what's important. Although they were so happy when they were playing, Bug was not the best that Bug is. Without that extra whirlwind of energy, Hanz is more comfortable, too. 


I'm concerned for Roger's happiness, which is soooo silly. He had a rough first day, too much activity and meeting and greeting, he vomited 4 times. He's following his new mom around everywhere and laying at her feet. People see this as a good thing, knowing Roger, I see it as him feeling a little lost and overwhelmed and that breaks my heart. I know he'll be fine. I've witnessed it so many times. He's getting attention and love, being spoiled and doted on. This is what happens when a really good dog is with you for a few months, you get attached, you worry. This is the part that sucks about fostering. But the good is that he now has a home that will be a good fit for him, it will just take a little time for him to get comfortable with it...

...and a little time for me to get comfortable with it, too. 

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Roger! Of course you get attached. That's why you're so good at what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos. He is such a good boy and so ready to have his own family again. Lucky him to have had you and buggie and hanz and R to love him during the search.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...