Translate

Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's Official

Astro will be going to his new home on Jan. 25 in the Berkshires.

Over the past several months I have been a committed follower of the blog RetroRenovation, which I know I have mentioned a few times. Through comments and me sending the latest and greatest Craigslist finds over to Pam (the owner of the blog) we have corresponded and found we had a lot in common. Well, she fell in love with the Schnauzers I was showing off here and finally submitted an application for one. The perfect little guy (who I knew she wanted to name Astro) came in a couple weeks ago without a name. I named him Astro and called Pam to tell her that her dreams have come true. We made a plan that she would come down this past Thursday to check him out, to see if he liked her and vice versa...and guess what? they fell in love with each other...and I fell in love with her! It was instantly easy, and oh, the ideas she has! I am very fortunate to be able to call her my friend.

Now that that is settled, we need to get to the real business at hand -- THRIFTING!
I took her to my favorite local spot where I found this dress. The volunteers let me in the back room because they've gotten to know me and Pam saw this number laying there on top of a pile and when I saw the black and white paisley...I had to have it. It just happens to fit me, too!


From there we went to the Olympia Diner which has been on the Berlin Tpke. forever! for a late lunch. Perfect setting for a perfect thrifting day.

Onward to a vintage store I've been wanting to visit but hadn't gotten the chance to -- RefindGreenDesign. We had lots of fun there, and Pam took some great pictures! We spent quite a bit of time in the vintage clothes room, I tried on a few things and may have to go back for this:

 
For the whole story go to Pam's blog!

It was definitely a 'feed my soul day.' thanks Pam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...