Translate

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Saga Continues and Ends

Well, I've not been around much. The saga with AT&T continued, another technician came out Friday, he left, I turned on the computer, 5 minutes later I didn't have internet access again. I called the technician (silly man, I have your number on caller ID) I asked for his boss's name and number. He said, "let me get right back to you." He didn't -- for half an hour. When he did, he asked if I was still home, I said, "yes, but don't bother, I'm switching to the cable company and actually saving myself $27 a month." He reacted like I insulted him. EXCUSE ME??

But, things are never easy around this house. I called the cable company during that half hour wait and ordered me up some voice and internet. Ronnie is taking all my info. and asks for my social security number. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH NO. Well, it seems, I cannot order it over the phone because they need a form of ID due to security purposes, blah, blah, blah. "OK, where do I go to talk to a person in real life and show them my ID so you guys know I am who I am?" Two places...one 20 minutes away, the other 30. YAY for me. Yes, I'm annoyed, which seems to be a regular feeling around here it seems.

Yesterday, I go to the cable company, and wait....and wait....for my number to be called. I get called and I'm chatting with James, "why do you need an ID or SS#" he tells me about security fraud happening more and more, ordering cable for an address that isn't the persons, etc. OK, I'm satisfied. BUT then he tells me that, "No, you don't have to pay $10 to have the modem sent to you, you can pick it up in East Hartford at a temporary storefront." Good. It's closer (and saves me $10 to have it shipped to me.) Much closer. So I ask him, "could I have done there what I am now doing here with you?" "Yes," he says. Apparently Ronnie didn't know about this temporary location because I'm sure he would have told me about it. Arrrggggghhh. Yeah, the place is 5 minutes from me.

On Friday, I will be an official cable customer and from what I understand from people in close vicinity of my house...I will have super fast service and won't find myself disconnected more often than not. And, I'll be saving myself an extra $27 a month! Works for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pulling for you... I really am. The exact problems you've been having with AT&T are the issues I've been having with the cable company. I'll be curious to see if you still lose signal, I do :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...