Translate

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Yes, Otis Is Still Here

I've not written a lot about Otis. He just became part of the scenery around here. Good natured, well behaved, a bit silly, happy and oh yeah, he still likes to try to eat other dogs upon initial meet-ups. Hmmmm, can't have everything, right?


Otis has been with me since March. I was thinking he might never get adopted. Although I had some inquiries and conversations with those interested...they just weren't the right fit for him. Three of the applications I received were from young couples, all were very interested. Sounds great, right? Well, Otis can't be placed with young children. I was told by each couple that they don't have children. I surmised that they probably would one day before Otis died and then he'd end up back here with me. I don't get it that they didn't get it. But after talking with them, it made sense, although they were disappointed.

I had some good news that Otis would be meeting his possible new owners on Thursday. I was so excited for him. But, I received a phone call this morning that said differently. The couple that was coming, have decided that it might not be the right fit. There's reasons I won't go into, but I was disappointed, and the husband of the couple, was as well. I've always said, 'when it's right it will happen.' and the same goes here, but it is disappointing. Better to find out now.

I've been waiting for the day that Otis would be adopted so that Hanzie could get a break for awhile from having foster dogs here. Otis especially, has been his nemesis. I found it hard to wrap my head around the fact that Hanz should die right before Otis was adopted. It made no sense to me. But apparently the picture is bigger than I can predict. So, Otis will be here until another day when it is right for him to go to a new home. 

7 comments:

  1. or...maybe he's found his forever home with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you'd say that! LOL Although, R. came home tonight and I told him the news...he bent down and patted Otis and said, "welcome to the family little guy." hmph.

      Delete
    2. :)
      Both me and Otis like the way that "R" guy thinks!

      Delete
  2. He is such a cutie and such a terrier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and he's a real sweety. Now if he'd just be friendlier to dogs he doesn't know!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...