Translate

Friday, December 27, 2013

Pink Skull Embroidery

Noah from Skull-A-Day is having a 'Laughing Skull Stencil' contest for a signed copy of his SKULLS book, which is now out of print. I saw the post yesterday. I've been mostly off the computer prior to Christmas so I had to do some quick thinking of what I wanted to do. I wanted something different than cutting the stencil and spraying or dabbing some paint into it. So, finally I made a decision, pulled some fabric and some floss out and started stitching away tonight. The deadline is at midnight. I didn't know if I'd make it in time, but I did. The drawing of the winner is random, using the stencil was just the way to get into the contest. 5 hours of stitching and this is the result. It measures 3-3/4" high.


I found Noah's book a few years ago at the bookstore, which lead me to his blog, and I've been a follower ever since. It would be cool to win his signed copy, sort of a full circle kinda thing.

Now I'm going to go enjoy some tea and sweet potato pie.

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...