Translate

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Vintage Thrifting

The other day I went to one of my favorite thrift stores and was poking around knowing thinking I wouldn't be purchasing anything. Then I saw it -- this great little Mid-Century lamp base.


My heart skipped a beat. I looked at the price and talked myself out of the possibility of purchasing it. It was too much for my frugal-thrifty-I'm-trying-to-not-bring-things-into-the-house, self. Then I saw the sign. The sign that said what was marked down 50%, and don't you know it, lamps were on the list. And don't you know it, I bought it. Ta-daaaa.

the shade is a temporary fix....maybe...keeping my eye out for the right shape. 

1 comment:

  1. ok, loving THAT.
    now I want to know how much was TOO much? :D
    maybe you could make a shade?
    I've seen some cool handmade one and you definitely have the talent to do it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...