Translate

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I got me a head

I hope all you moms had a wonderful Mother's Day and got spoiled or completely left alone, whichever was your hearts desire. 

About a year ago I re-homed a dog to Angela, and as it happens on occasion, she and I have kept in touch via email and have built a nice friendship. She sent me this nice note for Mom's Day. I think it is so lovely. "...Happy Mother's Day--you may not be a birth mother, many women aren't.  But, I believe all women at some point in their lives provide a child or a friend with the type of care a mother could only provide, and that deep down we are all mothers to many, many people, not just those that happened to pop up in our wombs." Isn't that such a nice way to think?

We went to the Elephant Trunk Flea Market on Sunday. It's about an hour from here and I had never been so I thought it would be fun to check it out. It should be called an Antique market because essentially that is what it was. That is not a bad thing, but when I hear/read Flea Market I'm thinkin' junk (which I tend to enjoy a lot) and a mix of lower end antiques. mmm, NOT. But I did get a head, a boy's head to be exact. Who knows what it will become, if anything, as I've placed it atop some boxes and I'm liking it there. Of course, not much stays the same around here, so it will be there until something new and exciting comes along...or I sell it, that's been known to happen, too.  

After 3 1/2 hours this is what I came home with and R. bought 3 record albums...oh, oh, oh yeahhhhhh...and some awesome homemade extra extra sharp cheese and spicy and sharp swiss cheese! Very yummy. These two Italian men had about 4 tables set up of homemade meats and cheeses and some olives, and, and, and... I tried the pepperoni which looked soooo good, but it was a bit too spicey for me. I'm not a huge meat eater and prefer the vegetarian side of things, but I do seem to enjoy some pepperoni now and again. Yeah, not the healthiest of choices but oh, the flavor!

It's a beautiful morning here with the birds singing their songs and the sun shining albeit through some hazy sky -- I love Spring.

Enjoy your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...