Translate

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another spoiled Schnauzer

During the summer I adopted out Rudy and Cody. They came into rescue together and had been living together for 5 years. Rudy is 5 years old and Cody 9. Rudy was the boss, Cody let him. Well, they were separated and adopted out to two different homes and both are doing very well. They are getting the attention they each deserve. Often times when I make the decision to separate two dogs that come in together, I wonder if it is the right decision. I know they often do much better because the dynamics change and they blossom into a different wonderful dog.

This morning I received an email with an update on Rudy:









"...I just thought I’d send some photos of Rudy. We want to thank you again for allowing us to adopt him. He is such a delight! We can’t believe how lucky we are to have such a great dog! He’s adjusted quite well to his new home. He initially had separation anxiety issues, but we’ve sorted that out. He enjoys car rides (as you can see from the pictures) and we try to take him whenever we’re able. We go on long walks every day. We’re fortunate to live near a park and sometimes we’re able to walk with a neighbor and her two toy poodles. You can see that he’s also made a friend with Blizzard, who lives across the street. Rudy quickly figured out that Frank is the cook in the family.


...We took him for a haircut when folks started mistaking him for Toto! He’s been great around our family and friends, including their kids. He has such a great personality!"


I love the picture of him smiling, happy to be going for a ride. I love when adopters let me know how well everything is going and that everyone is happy (it usually makes me tear up.) I love happy endings, especially when I'm not quite sure how long a dog will be staying with me, and in Rudy's case...would he ever get adopted? he was with me for quite a few weeks. But then, someone always comes along and it ends up being perfect.



Thank you Terry and Frank for giving him so much love.


Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...