Translate

Monday, November 1, 2010

Wisconsin and Harley Davidson

When we went to Wisconsin the second time around at the beginning of September, we not only went for Lady Gaga but also the anniversary of Harley Davidson was that weekend, too. We drove into Milwaukee 3 days in a row to the rally's different events. It was focused around the HD museum and the restaurant of Harley Motors. We went to the bar and had some tasty food and a few beers and met some nice people. It was cold and windy but a lot of riders rode in on their bikes. We were just disappointed that we didn't have ours...but, alas, they don't fit on an express plane.

There was a custom bike show and some very interesting bikes:
 This crazy chopper, the details were amazing...check out this chick's vintage leather jacket, it was awesome! and she wore it well.

This one was a favorite of mine, it has that vintage feel to it...

This one was a crazy deal. It's too bad there's so much surrounding these bikes because it's hard to really see the details with the visual distraction. This was hauling....
THIS -- and it wasn't for Halloween, it was the guy's sense of humor!
The following was a favorite of R's...being a fellow jarhead. We talked for awhile with the guy that created this. This was one of few bikes that were memorials to those that have given their time and service, and some - their lives, to this country in order for us to keep the freedoms that we have.

 As the saying goes....it's so true.
 Of course, I love the exhaust, and they rotate when fired up! He had the bullets attached to one side of the bike, but I didn't get a picture.
 This was a sweet old ride....


A few of my favorite details from a couple bikes:


We took a couple hours and walked through the museum....


I love some of the older bikes, but they also had some interesting bikes that people made and rode.

Check out the bling on this one....someone was crafty! On the front faring you can see that it was named "Rhinestone Harley" it gave me ideas for my next bike.



this one was very cool all chromed out, look at the muffler exhausts, incredible.

 This one was a beauty...a two seater! I'm not sure of the date but I'm thinking '70s...
back end

 Middle
Front end

Evel Knievel was also in town for a limited stay:






And, of course, I had to try the new Wide Glide. I've always liked this model along with the Deluxe, I like this paint job, too.

2 comments:

  1. I love all the beautiful bikes, especially the old sidecars! My boy and I love motorcycles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mallory, it was a lot of fun, the people there were awesome. There were a lot of sharp bikes that riders drove, too, we spent a lot of time oohing and aaahing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...