Translate

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lemon Mousse Bursts Flavor in Your Mouth

I had guests for dinner Friday night and made a lemon mousse for dessert...found it via an internet search, I got the recipe that was from Barefoot Contessa and then I found this from the blog Indian Simmer... (which, by the way, you should check out for some good recipes and beautiful food photography.)

IMG_1297
Photo taken from Indian Simmer 















Can I just say DELICIOUS!!? So light and lemony (I had left out the lemon curd called for in the recipe because Prerna from Indian Simmer said it was good without it.) I served it in Martini glasses drizzled with bittersweet chocolate with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate shavings. YUMMMY! everyone loved it. I think I might make it again using orange zest and juice and maybe separating layers of fruit infused mousse with dark chocolate mousse.

Spoons were diving in before I thought that I should have taken a picture, but it looks pretty in ramekins, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...