Translate

Monday, March 21, 2011

Speaking of Recipes...

I was linking from one blog to another a couple weeks ago and came across a post about a delicious gluten free flourless chocolate cake. Debby from Quilty Pleasures talked about it as she was without her stove for a few days and was trying to make due with a toaster oven, and made this cake. I asked her for the recipe because it sounded so interesting. It's made with chick peas. Yup, garbanzo beans! What a great idea! and it was so quick and easy. Turns out she found it on allrecipes.com.

photo taken from Quilty Pleasures
Most of the few people I made try this liked it. I cut back the sugar by a third and it was still a little too sweet for me. Next time I would cut it back a little more and use a really dark chocolate. I may try a little less egg, too, as it wasn't as dense as a flourless cake would normally be. It definitely would be tasty with some raspberries or a raspberry syrup drizzled on it. Raspberry and chocolate -- can never go wrong with that!! unless of course, you are my friend Vanessa who believes that baked goods and fruit do not belong together. 

I would love to be on a gluten free/mostly grainless way of living again, I know I will feel better, so this was a great recipe to find because it didn't substitute flour with another gluten free grain. Of course, I say this as I just popped into the oven a cinnamon beer bread! LOL and last night made chocolate chip cookies for the Man and my neighbor...a few cookies for them -- a few spoonfuls of batter for me...eating the batter does not make them gluten free Denise.



2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a VERY promising recipe, and I especially like your idea about adding berries, since my daughter loves both rasberries and chocolate. And for those who have a sweet tooth that can't eat chocolate, here's a pretty health-oriented recipe for Rasberry Crisp. Ingredients (6): 1 quart rasberries, 1/3 cup Splenda, 1/4 cup softented butter, 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (I use wheat flour), 1/3 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup rolled oats. Preheat oven to 350, place the fruit on the bottom of a 9" baking pan. Sprinkle Splenda over the fruit. In a bowl blend the other ingredients to resemble a coarse meal which you'll sprinkle over the fruit and Splenda. Bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned. Serve hot, but I like it cold also. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oven has finally repaired (after 29 days!!!). And your post reminded me how much I want to bake this cake again. With berries, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...