Translate

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow, Snow and more Snow

I had to push my way out of my front door today. About 3" worth. I understand we received 15" of that white stuff. Before clearing the 'dog path' I sat (well, really, I stood) peacefully and looked at the soft perfect gentle hills in the backyard.


I need a couple things out of the shed...
I don't want to be digging my way there....ugh.

Then I went to the front door and did the pushing thing with the storm door. My neighbors were already diligently at work clearing driveways and sidewalks. I almost turned around and said "forget it, I'll wait for Spring" but as we know, that cannot be done....not sure if I had enough food in the house to survive that long.


snow mushroom

Icicles
and more icicles

So out I went, digging away. I teared up, yes, literally (well, yeah, I'm still a little emotional these days) when my neighbor 2 houses down came by with his snowblower and cleared my sidewalk for me. I stared at him hoping he'd catch my "Oh my gosh, thank you so much, you don't know how much I appreciate this!" vibe. He'll be getting a cake or cookies soon. I can't even express how thankful I am when he does that for me. My neighbor across the street used his snowblower, too, and did my apron that was piled about 3' high. It's so daunting when you think you have to do those two things AFTER the pain of clearing your driveway and the dog path.

I'm getting a massage tomorrow thank you very much.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! We only have an inch or two on the ground right now and I hope and pray that we won't get anymore!
    I do feel sorry for you and everyone out East. Thank God for the kindness of your neighbors.
    and Hey! your backyard looks HUGE!
    :) - Cindi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...