Translate

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oh Brother!

I cleaned up and oiled this baby and now it's purring like a kitten.





I really like the color of this Vintage Brother Galaxie and wanted to keep it, but let it go, I did. It is now being appreciated by a sewer that likes the old machines, too, and with the color it is, it makes ya happy while sewing.

I got that one out the door and my friend calls and he has 3 machines for me -- a Singer 319w, a Singer 15 and a Singer Stylist 354 Free Arm. THEN on the way home from picking these up there was another Singer on the side of the road, and it just happen to fit with the others in my car. I couldn't say no to these vintage goodies. Oh crap, I just remembered, a couple days beforehand I bought a 501 Rocketeer. That one is a keeper, I think the 319w will be, too, I don't see 319's or much about them, but what I've read is all favorable. All these new pals need some TLC.

I found a blog as I was researching for parts and information and that person said they picked up one machine and the bug hit and now they have a collection of 40. I'm not up to 40....yet.

3 comments:

  1. I should be oiling my sewing machine?
    Where do I put the oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful machine, so very proud of you for letting it go. As for the car load of machines you then drove home.... well, know you are incorrigible, so I say good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindi, it depends on the age of your machine. Read the manual if you have it or google your machine type or contact me and I'll see what I can tell you.

    Angela? well, you know me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...