Translate

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Orange Makes Me Happy

Were you able to accomplish something this week that you've been putting off? 

Pam over at RetroRenovation is having a weekly 'stop procrastinating party.' Well, she doesn't call it that but that's how I feel about it. Celebrations of chores done that have been put off in the house. Trim not all up on that re-do? Room not painted yet and it's been 3 years of planning? Details in kitchen cabinetry not complete? Just plain clutter that needs to be organized? Get inspired and tell us about it. It's really a great way to get your butt kicked and get going -- it is for me anyway. 


This week I painted my front door and storm door. Last week it was the 'getting out' of the sewing machine. The door was white and boring and banged up, I'd been planning a repaint since moving in 7 years ago and finally took the bull by the horns, mixed an orange color that was in my head and put brush to door. I figured with the weather now getting cooler my chances of getting it done would be limited and I'd have to put it off until Spring. I was inspired by Kate painting her door last week and said to myself, "Just Do It" and do it I did. With family in from Wisconsin for the latter half of the week to attend a wake and funeral, this is about all I accomplished. But the list is long and I'm hoping to be able to get more done next week. I'm good with deadlines so this is working for me and besides, it's more fun knowing you're in the company of others also wanting to cross things off the list. 

4 comments:

  1. well...last week I took a few vacation days off to sort and organize and while I got alot done, there is still so much more to do.
    But I made a dent! :D
    This Saturday I started to clean up the yard for Winter and while I was going to wait for Spring to transplant Hostas and etc. I went crazy and got it all done! I moved so much that I can now park my van on that side of the house. I'm so Happy because that means one less thing to do next year!
    :D - Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Door!!!

    My thing to get done was to stay inside on a lovely day finishing the fund raising letters for YOUR rescue. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindi -- good for you! Always good to be able to park the van where it's supposed to be.
    Pam -- Thanks!! if it weren't for you and Kate...
    Angela -- you should be getting those letters done, and what's taking so long dang it!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...