Translate

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Vintage Wallpaper Fun

I've been forced to keep a secret.


My friend Pam finally had her big reveal yesterday of her home office renovation. It's been a tease for her readers for quite a few weeks. Pam is RetroGoddess so we hang on every word and picture. I'm lucky enough that she's also become my friend and she asked me (um, and paid me, too) to be involved in her big vintage wallpaper redo.

I spent a few days with her working like a dog, she carries a big whip, there was no reprieve. Actually, we weren't quite finished by the time I left and she had many more hours of paper hanging, trim hanging, contractor dealings to do.

The story will continue for a few days, she goes through the whole process in case you want to do it yourself.

I loved it because I got to see, hug and kiss Astro, who I rehomed to her about 3 years ago. He's such a good boy and a cutie pie, too.

Little Bug also joined me in the adventure and had her little nosey nose into everything.


Pam and I worked and talked about ideas and planned storage and the design of the room. It was a wonderful collaboration of minds (and we didn't get tired or annoyed with each other) it was pretty great. We stayed up late, we ate good food, we talked vintage and blogs and crafting.
A couple weeks later when the room was complete, I went back up with Little Bug and Maddie,
the Bichon I dog sit, and had a photo shoot. I brought 5 vintage suitcases filled with vintage dresses and outfits so that we had choices. We spent a few hours trying things on and figuring out what fit, and what would work with the wallpaper patchwork pattern.

It was a lot of fun. Thanks Pam for the adventure.

3 comments:

  1. "Work like a dog with no reprieve"? Hey: I thought it was YOU who didn't want to stop! It was SO MUCH FUN working -- and hanging -- with you, Denise!!!! I could not have done this without you, you were a RETRO DECORATING GODS GODSEND xoxoxoxooxxooxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was me, but I like to blame others ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY COOL!
    Love it! I will go to Pam's blog right now and check it out.
    Little Bug is such a cutie and You and Pam look Fantastic! So Clever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...