Translate

Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Coffee and A Bookstore

Yesterday, I planned on going over to Borders Bookstore this morning. I was looking forward to having time alone with a lapful of magazines and a coffee. I got there right before 9a.m....and guess what? they don't open until 11a.m. on Sundays, ugh. I knew the Barnes & Noble right by my house opened at 9 so I headed back in that direction, parked myself, looked over at a piece of paper with a note I seemed to have ignored...and headed back home. I forgot to leave out some things that were promised for a Freecycler that were supposed to be picked up today. Did you get that? WERE supposed to be...the stuff is still in my driveway. I had an hour to kill so instead of heading back to B&N I did a few things around here.

Then, just before 11, I hit the road again. I almost said "forget it" but carried on, even though the image in my head of mid-morning coffee and not a lot of people at the store wasn't going to happen, I had to put a new image in my head.

I got myself a coffee and I poured over art and craft magazines for what I thought was 2 hours...it was 3. Done with that, I scooted over to the Craft section of the store. An hour and a half later, I came home with this book:


I've been wanting it for awhile but being the cheap-o frugal person that I am, I didn't want to spend $35 on it. I often get Borders Reward Coupons and they didn't fail me, 33% off, plus they gave me $5 in Borders Bucks that had to be spent by end of day today. So, for a little less than $20, jackpot! I want to make the corset and the corset 'T' the most and will put that on my list of things to create by summer.

It was a good day.

Hope yours was fun and relaxing as well.

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...