Translate

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Let There Be Light

Thank goodness for the barter system. The electrician that's been coming in to do a couple of simple things has had to rewire and fix what the last electrician I hired did. Idiot. And that guy told me the electrician before him had hooked my hot tub up wrong, so another $300 and I had him do it. Now I'm going to have Gary check that because of the other things that he's had to fix.

But, I now have a light over my kitchen sink, which hasn't been there for about 2 years since this simple renovation started. I had found an antique light cover and was trying to figure out how to make it into a hanging lamp and was about to bring it to a local lighting place that I know would be able to do it. THEN I was at the dump the other day and someone was throwing out 3 antique/vintage hanging lamps. 2 matched in a creamy color of slag glass and then there was a red slag glass one.


I don't really have red in my house but I thought it would look nice over the sink...


It's grey and rainy, not the best day for pictures, but it's mimicking dusk. Here it is with the light on...a nice glow...

Because this reno has taken so long, a client that I now call a friend, who's husband died and had an extension of elephant decorative items, gave me the plaque you see in the picture...it reads:

"Getting anything done around here is like mating elephants. It's done on a high level. It's accomplished with a great deal of roaring and screaming. And it takes two years to get results."

Sums up my kitchen renovation! 


It looks better in person and certainly creates an ambience that wasn't there before...

So, that's what I'm up to today. Along with trying to find a rescue that will take the Rat Terrier we have not been able to adopt out, oh yeah, and figuring out where we are going to put two new foster dogs, oh yeah, and trying to figure out how we are going to fund Lucy's surgery since the very generous donations we were told we would get -- we haven't gotten. Her surgery is on Monday. 

But, I am very excited that she will be able to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...