Translate

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lucy...continued...

Yesterday I spoke with an animal communicator. Her name is Brenda and she was recommended to me a long while back by a woman that I've rehomed 3 dogs to. The information she provided for Gail was very interesting and actually helped her elderly male get off one medication that was making him feel sick and onto another that gave him a little more spring in his step. She also found out that her new poodle (yup, occasionally we take in another breed that needs us) was flabbergasted that Sparky (the older male) wasn't protecting her from all the noise that scared her coming from outside. Brenda helped inform Ellie (poodle) that Sparky was deaf and didn't hear what she heard. Ellie also let Gail know that she loves purple and then pink....Gail, the doting dog mom that she is, went out and bought purple collars, leashes, sweaters, bedding...Ellie was very pleased.

I recommended Brenda to a friend, she's used her twice for her rescued cat, Clara Belle, that seems to be having some difficulty acclimating to the rules of the house (and the older seasoned cat Lottie) Lottie's apparently not so thrilled with Clara Belles constant chatter, either. Hee Hee Clara Belle is a chatter box!

I know many people are cynical when it comes to the spirit life and people talking to them, and if you are reading and you are a non-believer and just intend to make fun of this...move along to your next blog. I happen to believe because the information she gets that coordinates with the dogs life, and then you see the changes in the dog? works for me. Of course, I've been a long time believer in the spirit world, the after life, etc. It fascinates me. I've been to John Edwards' seminar as well as Suzanne Northrop's and it's AMAZING!

So, I spoke with Brenda, well, Weezie, Lucy, Hanz and I spoke with Brenda yesterday.
This is what everyone had to say:

First Weezie 
(she wanted to go first- I think she wanted to go first 3 years ago when I talked with a different animal communicator!)

She knows that I'm paying attention to her
she's resting a lot but knows I am here  (she sleeps all the time)
she's unsure of how long her body will keep her standing.
she has weakness in back legs and feels like her body wants to stop

she takes a lot of naps because resting feels perfect
when she wakes up she doesn't know if she'll be able to move or not - in her dreams she can always move.
it is disheartening to move.

(she's been having trouble, I've noticed, when waking and trying to get up, she seems a little disoriented -probably from the deep sleep- and her legs take a bit of wobbling before standing -- I have had the feeling for quite some time that she will go in her sleep)

she doesn't want to leave her body right now but is thinking of leaving
the food she's eating is good right now with no discomfort, it didn't feel right before, like it didn't go through. (I had a period of time where each food I gave her she'd have trouble with and would be waking me up 4 or 5 times a night to go out, I could hear her stomach having difficulty digesting and she'd go a couple days of not eating. This would happen about every 9 days)
she has continual body aches but no real excruciating pain

She's happy "this is a good house for any dog"
She knows that I know that she is ready to leave, she feels she might just fall asleep and not awake, she doesn't feel like she will need help.
she's uncomfortable, feeling weakness.

She said that if she is going to need help to leave, I will know because she will not attempt to rise and will not accept food.
she feels weak

I asked why she is so demanding...she said it's because she wants what she wants NOW, so that she doesn't fall before she gets it.

I asked about grooming:
(I was grooming her the other night and she had even less tolerance than usual which I've noticed over the past few months) she said she can't sit, brushing feels like it's pushing her to the ground, she doesn't mean to be cross, she just doesn't want it, "leave me alone"


Then Lucy:

Brenda started off chuckling because Lucy says:

"I'm very pretty you know" and "I have beautiful eyes." I'm told how beautiful I am and how pretty my eyes are. she was showing Brenda what looked like black marbles. "I can see everything and they are beautiful"
she doesn't think she has vision problems (I had not told Brenda that Lucy is basically blind from cataracts)
the right eye is a little darker, straight on and no peripheral, it doesn't see as well as the left eye.
Left eye seems brighter, she'll see something then double take, it's like she sees things but her brain doesn't click in.

no pain in head or eyes, no pressure behind eyes, clear nasal passage.
right eye was at one time functioning as left but has deteriorated. (it is her right eye that throws her off)

she doesn't like noise behind her, when she hears it she turns to the right but can't see so whips around to the left

(I asked if she liked being touched and picked up because she is so nervous at first -- although, with me, she has gotten so much better) 

she doesn't like being picked up under her torso, she'd prefer to be picked up more like a football and hugged close.
she loves hearing how beautiful she is
she does like to be near me when I am sitting quietly

she doesn't like to be carried while walking, she can hear my footsteps, because she's afraid of being dropped. If there was carpet and she couldn't hear my footsteps it would be OK
doesn't mind being touched, talk to her first, present hand and touch her head and ears to behind neck first, don't touch body first.

She's a happy girl
she says, "I smell good!" meaning she likes the way she smells (she does have a distinctive scent to her)
her body feels good
"this food is good, my fur is not as greasy" (when she came, her fur was different feeling than now, and I had noticed it's shinier)

She wants to know about walks and why isn't anyone going out walking with her anymore?
she likes hearing the steps and watching the feet and she misses this. she showed someone sitting on a step. she likes knowing someone is outside. (It's only been recent that I've been outside more often with her because she is staying outside longer, I've never really walked with her, she doesn't get walked with and is fearful of the leash. I'm wondering if this could be from the puppy mill. Did they go outside with the dogs and hang out for the dogs' few minutes of outside?) Apparently I need to go outside with her more often! LOL
(I do sit out on the back step when they are outside, usually with a bite to eat or some tea)
it brings her comfort

I told Brenda about her eyes and asked Lucy if she wanted the surgery. Brenda explained to her what the surgery was and what the results would be. "yes, she wants to see, but she doesn't want the surgery, she's scared."

Brenda explained the process to her and she said "OK, I'll be brave"

She likes the music I play when I play it. It's soft, it doesn't go from soft to loud, soft to loud. (I've hesitated playing music too often because I was told that it can sometimes be bothersome to puppy mill dogs due to the association. Puppy mills will sometimes play music continuously, probably feeling that this keeps the dogs company? my music is a bit more mellow and is from an MP3 player so it's on a loop)

I asked about her hoarding bedding and toys. she does it so no one else puts their scent on them. essentially, she doesn't like to share. 

I asked about eating them, to her eating them = hiding them. she puts the toys toward the back of the crate. (this she does) so no one can get them. 


Brenda explained that she can't eat these items, that she can only have food and treats. that eating these things might make her die.
she thought dying would be scary, so, "OK"

she feels unable to defend herself when the big dogs come in. (I'm thinking this might be from the stronger personalities of my fosters, not necessarily actual size, although, they generally are a little bigger)

she said she didn't like swallowing string (I think I mentioned in a previous post, string is what finally came out in her poop after not eating for 6 days) 
she said she had a hard time with it, like she couldn't swallow, had a hard time swallowing.
Brenda explained that food is to eat, the other stuff is for play --  food = good, other stuff = not good
"OK" she said

she doesn't like guys with muscle shirts and "pictures on their arms" nor does she like piercings on noses, etc. (I'm thinking that maybe some of the dog handlers/kennel cleaners, who knows, maybe the owners, were of that style and I'm guessing, not loving and caring humans)


Hanzie's turn:

Brenda started laughing!

she said, "he's a Happy Guy!"  (if you ever met Hanz, you'd say the same thing, everyone does)

Hanz said, "oh boy, I haven't got all kinds of things to say" (like Lucy and Weezie did?)

he likes the color blue, he likes things that are blue

he doesn't like his fur to be wet. (he has always disliked going out in the rain and will hold his pee forever in order to not go out)
he likes the smell of toast (there's toast made every morning)
I asked about his need for food all the time,
(he's very very food oriented, so much so that he has a hard time concentrating on a trick I've asked him to do)....



"I'm not fat enough" wants more, wants mom's plate of food, the food that's being scraped off the plate being thrown away. (it's not being thrown away unless it is garbage, I'll give him some leftovers or they go into a container -- which to him might be 'throwing away')

Nothing can ever fill him up. He's never felt full. He feels that as soon as he eats, he poops and he should eat again. (he is a pooping machine)
he said he likes to roll around and when done he says, "oh, I'm so hungry"
She asked if he should get more meals, he said he didn't want things to change, he just wants more, he accepts that he is always hungry.

he's internally strong, heart will race sometimes, muscles are good, skeletal -- his right front leg bothers him once in awhile, the wrist to the elbow feels like it was jammed, it happens when there is mud. (mud = rain? arthritis?)

CAR: when in the car his stomach feels funny but he will work through it because he wants to be able to go...he thinks to get ice cream. (I don't take him in the car often but started to a little more to get him used to it, but I've never taken him for ice cream)

I asked if I was giving him enough as a dog mom: (I have this personal issue thinking that he would do better with someone that could give him more time, etc.) he doesn't want to live somewhere else, doesn't want to be with other dogs, "they might bite my butt."
He wants to make sure I don't have someone coming in to look at him to take him.


I asked what he thought about the fosters coming in: he doesn't mind the fosters, he knows that when they are behind the wall (he was showing Brenda like a gate or half wall -- must mean crate) that they would not be staying. (99% get crated the first week at least.)


Well, I thought it was pretty cool. It helps me to understand some things and to practice patience with my Weezie.

The way Brenda relayed the message that Lucy was saying "I'm so pretty" was so cute. You could picture this little girl beaming with pride about her beauty. It's funny, because just about any time I talk to her I say, "hello pretty girl" or "are you hungry pretty girl?" and Lenore has commented on how beautiful she and her spirit is. There is something about her.


I moved her crate into my office yesterday. I really needed to get it out of the kitchen so that I could put my table where I want it then the chandelier can be hung. She didn't "get it" which I understand. It's difficult enough that she's blind, but she's scared to come to close, so you can't catch her and if you do it freaks her out. I thought this might take awhile for her to get where her crate is now. I put her into it last night, let her out about 4am and she went back to her crate! then let her out at 5am and she went back to her crate! Yeyyyyyy. Yesterday she just hung out in the back corner of the kitchen all day.  BUT she doesn't like it when Weezie goes to her crate to lay down which is right beside Lucy's. Lucy yells at her. Maybe this is part of the "not be able to defend myself" Now that I think about it...I've had two fosters in here that when they got too close to her crate she would bark at them. Hanz, though, he can walk right into her crate with her and she doesn't care. He's such a sweetie that's why.


If any of you are reading this and feel maybe you'd like to get in touch with your animal -- alive or deceased, click here for Brenda's info. On top of it all, she has a wonderful voice, very calm, sweet and soothing.

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo on board with this kind of thing. I believe some people really are tuned in and can communicate. I know you'll be happy to know that we've adopted a rescue toy aussie. Her name is Livia and she is a mere 12.5 lbs. A true little darling. I miss AJ very much but she is just the medicine for my loneliness. We love her so very much and feel as lucky to have found her as she is lucky to have us adopt her. She will never be hungry or neglected again... EVER!!! She was taken from a backyard puppy mill with some pugs and terriers. She had been shut in a cage with little food and covered in fleas and feces :( Fortunately she had not been bred yet when rescued. She's so tiny. Almost all her hair was gone. The dog warden called a local rescue group to see if they could help her. The angels that took her in brought her back to health so we could adopt her! I am the luckiest and happiest of mamas now!!!! Will blog about it soon. Still struggling with chronicling AJ's loss. You are one of those angels giving life back to helpless pets. You are the diggity bomb in my book!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new baby girl!! My rescue partner has 3 mini Aussies and they are great...your girl is tiny! How wonderful for you and her! and the stories of some of these dogs that go into rescue are so sad and disgusting....but look at the love she will be getting now!

    ps: AJ will always be there with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...