Translate

Friday, July 9, 2010

Look at this little diddy

A friend's husband's elderly Uncle died about 6 years ago and they received some of his furniture, which, were antique but needed a little refreshing. Recently my friend was having a couple of the pieces refinished so her hubby cleaned out the drawer of a little table that was included in the list...in it he found this...



He showed it to L. and he said to her, "this is a Denise thing" and she was thinking the same thing. It's in excellent condition and when I opened it I found out why they thought of me:

inside is a thimble and some thread...


inside is a cap you pull off to reveal hidden needles and pins...


pretty neat little advertising bullet.

When L. and hubby were cleaning out his Uncle's home, I volunteered my help. All of the downstairs was cleaned out before we hit the attic. There wasn't a lot up there, a 1940's fur coat with hat in excellent condition and a Castro Convertible coffee table...

2006_05_03_castro_coffee_ta.jpg
(this picture is from Apartment Therapy -- they came in different colors.)

I saw L. and hubby standing hovering over it and heard my name....they turned to me and said, "this is a table that we know you will appreciate, we'd like you to have it for all the help you've given us during this project." So sweet. Today, I'm using mine not completely opened up, as a sewing table...




See the wire dress form in the corner? L. got that for me after her 93 year old friend died and her niece was cleaning out the home and going to have a tag sale. As soon as L. saw it, she said, "denise!"

I have good friends that know me well.


1 comment:

  1. First, Thanks for stopping at my blog and becoming a Follower!
    Second, I'm here at my DAY job and shouldn't really be on the computer but I keep reading your blog...were we separated at birth? Or maybe you are very young and could be my daughter that I didn't have! LOL! Anyway...I am NOT a hoarder TOO! But my basement is full and my spare bedroom/art room is getting there. All with plans of being part of an art project or selling the vintage on my Etsy store that is STILL empty. AND the love of animals AND then the post about them trying to finger print you to cash a check, - NO F#@*! WAY! I totally agree! I'm so gald you stopped by! I'm your newest Follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...