Translate

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Yogurt Revisted

So last week I made yogurt that I was a little disappointed in how it came out....I forgot that I put some aside for later use in the week. When packing up refrigerator items for camp, I looked at the Tupperware container and wondered what the heck could be in there and was expecting to open the cover to a science experiment...nope, it was the rest of the yogurt...and it thickened! It had some whey on the top, so it had separated, which causes the thickening. It was about the consistency of Dannon plain yogurt. So I decided to experiment.

I put a strainer in a metal bowl and cheesecloth in the strainer and dumped the yogurt into the cheesecloth, after pouring off the whey. I was hoping to get more of a Greek style yogurt. I covered it with foil and that's how it traveled with us to camp. A little while after getting settled in, I did the unveiling...ta daaaaa! it was thick and creamy. We enjoyed it the next morning with some homemade granola, peaches and bananas...I added a drizzle of maple syrup to add a little more sweet to it...very good indeed.

After all this yogurt doing, and I seem to be the one eating it, I don't think it's right for my body... I'll test it for a few more days but I have a feeling. Of course, I don't think ice coffee is right for my body, either, but I love it in the hot weather and I refuse to give it up...for now.

1 comment:

  1. just a couple of spoonfuls equals enough to give you that good bacteria.

    Of course yogurt mixed in a smoothie is good for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...