Translate

Friday, May 20, 2011

Merlin

Here's a picture of Merlin, isn't he sweet? 
When I said that the family lost him...I meant he ran out the door and they can't find him. They put out a pet alert on him. When I asked if I could post his picture, his mom also added these words just in case someone sees him. 


"Reward for lost elderly, diabetic salt and pepper miniature schnauzer lost on Monday, April 25, 2011 at about 8:30 p.m. on Grand View Avenue in North Revere, MA.  Poor vision and hearing.  Needs insulin twice daily, a daily antibiotic and a special diet of boiled rice and chicken for stomach issues."


then she added this as a side note about him: 


"He was a heart breaker:(  Would sit on my lap and look at each person in the room and wait for a compliment.  Loved going for rides and snuggling with my girls."


I spoke to his mom for awhile about his disappearance. He had been hiding in dark places for about a week before he left, then he would try to scoot out the door, which is something he had never done. Personally, I think his canine instincts were in gear and he was ready to die and didn't want to do it at home. He had a long life, was very well taken care of through different illnesses, fed well and well loved. I believe it was his time. But, in case he is out there wandering around, I hope someone finds him and returns him home. It's a very sad thing to happen to a family, there is no closure, there's feelings of guilt for the one that had the door open, there's a lot of sadness that is different if he had just died. My heart goes out to them. 

3 comments:

  1. This is heartbreaking.
    I am praying that he is found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, how awful. Is he home, dare I ask?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, he has not been found.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...